COLORADO CITY, Colo. - A sheriff's official says a 59-year-old propane delivery man caught fire while trying to kill bees by spraying them with propane in southern Colorado.
Pueblo County sheriff's spokeswoman Lisa Shorter says John McMillan was making a propane delivery in Colorado City Wednesday but the customer's tank had a bee nest so he used a propane hose to spray the bees. The sheriff's office says the nozzle of the hose sparked a fire when it hit the ground.
McMillan suffered burns to 50 percent of his body. He was being treated at Denver's University of Colorado Hospital. A spokesman there said McMillan was in critical condition Wednesday night.
The customer's fence and yard were damaged during the fire.
Information from: The Pueblo Chieftain, http://www.chieftain.com