They would lower a rescuer on a line from a helicopter, strap the man into a harness, then fly with rescuer and patient dangling below helicopter to the nearest landing site.
Fire engine reportedly lost control and collided with tractor.
Councilmember says chief is managing the department into the ground.
Co-workers at MedCare EMS mourn the loss of paramedic Edward Gomez, who was killed June 30 with three family members in a head-on collision in Los Fresnos, Texas.
“Survivors’ Staircase” displayed as the most significant item.
14 medic units are planned to go out of service after midnight.
McKinney pilot program broadens overall patient care.
Improve accuracy and speed that
Expand your available arsenal for data collection
Heads-up patient arrival board
Powerful fire and EMS modules working together
Quick and easy access to important information.
Accelerate beyond data collection.
- Bringing The Hospital To The Patient
- Critical Factors in Enhancing Provider & Patient Safety
- Rethinking Ambulance Design & Response Time Standards
- Less Safe Than a U-Haul Trailer
- EMS in the Healthcare Continuum
Ambulance Innovations from Europe
EMS provider roles around the world differ, and so do the vehicles we use to transport patients... Watch On-Demand
EMS Airway Clinic
Controlling compressible hemorrhage is the highest medical priority for improving survival in trauma cases. Now there is a new, simple and effective tool that will transform the way bleeding, particularly difficult-to-control bleeding, is managed in the field: the iTClamp50.
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- One Year Later: Newtown after Tragic Shooting
- Commuter Train Collides with Gasoline Tanker in Indonesia
- One Child Killed, Four Others Injured in Idaho School Bus Collision
- D.C. Fire Chief Grilled About Ambulances and Staffing
- Detroit Fire Commissioner Resigns
- Braun Unveils New Ambulance at AAA Conference