Raw Video: Fla. Man Dies after Live Roach-Eating Contest
Autopsy results have now been released
Raw video footage (courtesy FrimmerNews) from October 5, 2012, of Edward Archbold, 32 participating in a bug-eating contest outside Ben Siegel Reptile Store. Archbold became ill shortly after the contest ended and collapsed in front of the store. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Autopsy results released yesterday by the Broward County medical examiner's office revealed that Archbold died as a result of "asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents." The death has been ruled an accident.Tags: News, News Video, roaches, insects, asphyxiation
Man's Roach-Eating Death Raises Question: Why?
Man Dies after Live Roach-Eating Contest in Florida
more recent videos on JEMS.com
Evacuate from any multistory building.
For the evacuation of disabled or injured.
Evacuate non-ambulatory patients.
Provides true one-person operation.
Reduction in spinal load.
Cut risk of injury to caregivers.
Stryker Power-PRO is a hydraulically powered ambulance cot with industry-leading ergonomics. Foot end controls activate powered lifting and lower function for capacities up to 700 lbs. Operator safety and patient comfort are significantly improved.
Power-PRO XT powered ambulance cot dramatically reduces strenuous lifting and the associated risk of back injury.
SMRT — Stryker Managed Recharging Technology
Stryker Speed-Sheet is a unique approach to patient transfer.
Stair-PRO is scientifically proven to reduce the risk of operator injury. The operator position, adjustability of handles, angle of the track and the built-in descent control made Stair-PRO the safest chair in its product category.
Proven to reduce risk of injury.
The Ambulance Leadership Forum and a Yorkshire Ambulance... More >
- Video: Demanding Safety
- Arming Leadership for Safety Change
- Video: Factors of Risk
- Video: Integrated EMS
- Rural Example of Community Medicine
EMS Airway Clinic