Out of the Darkness
EMS providers from New York, New Jersey, Arlington (Va.) & Shanksville (Pa.) share lessons learnedRead the most comprehensive and compelling first-person account of the events and aftermath of EMS operations on 9/11. JEMS Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman, a veteran EMS provider and noted mass-casualty incident management educator, and Teresa McCallion, an award-winning author, experienced EMT and Editor of the EMS Insider management newsletter, spent weeks on the road and behind the scenes interviewing and developing this historic and educational four-volume account of 9/11.
Volume I: Beyond Ground ZeroA decision as simple as turning left vs. right saved some providers' lives.
Volume II: Safe HarborFew knew about the hundreds of patients treated on the New Jersey piers.
Volume III: Strike on the PentagonThere were 23,000 people working in the Pentagon on 9/11.
Volume IV: On Stable GroundProviders in Shanksville, Pa., respond to a scene without patients.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2013
- Data Drives Care
- Putting the Clamp on Hemorrhage
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Resuscitation: Ten steps for improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
The E-Surge Kit™ is conveniently packaged for Emergency Backup Ventilator Surge and Response.
For major ventilator emergencies.
New and improved!
The VAR™ is a unique single patient use, disposable resuscitator for patients weighing 10 kg and above.
The VAR-Monitor designed specifically to monitor any non-cycling condition of all the current VAR models, and is easy to set up and use.
Monitors cycling conditions of resuscitators.
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Two Dozen Injured in California Stage Collapse
- Photos: Florida Pilot, Skydiver Injured in Crash
- Mother in Florida Surf Rescue Was Stopped Earlier by Police
- Seven Injured, One Dead in New Jersey Explosion
- Explosion and Injuries at New Jersey Condo Complex
- Debate Grows Over Public Administration of Narcan