Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
Planning, Preparedness, Mitigation, Response and RecoveryThis editorial supplement, featuring some of the brightest minds in disaster and terrorism preparedness response in America, was developed with input from the Department of Homeland Security and other advisors whose job is to conduct risk assessments and predict what threats we must plan for in the immediate future.
Bonus: How to Help People with Special Needs Survive CBRNE EventsTo help ensure a state of readiness, EMS systems must plan well in advance and coordinate potential care of special needs patients in the wake of a disaster.
Bonus: Decon Tips for First RespondersDo you know what to do when arriving on the scene of a large-scale chemical release?
Chemical ReleaseFaced with a large number of people exposed to a chemical warfare agent or a toxic industrial chemical, EMS responders should act quickly.
Preparing for 'D Days'It's our job to think about the unthinkable and take action when necessary to reduce the injuries and death.
Local comm issues have been addressed with the WakeMed interoperable comm vehicle.
Injuries caused by an explosion can be difficult to treat. Learn how to treat patients with blast injuries.
The Standoff Patient Triage Tool (SPTT) will allow emergency responders to rapidly triage victims from a safe distance.
Predefining your potential missions will help with subsequent planning and training initiatives.
The Disaster Preparedness Exercise and Procedural Cadaver Lab program is the ultimate experience in emergency preparedness.
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2012
- Live Coverage of 2013 Eagles Conference
- EMS State of the Science 2012
- Disaster & Terrorism Preparedness
- EMS 10: Innovators of EMS 2011
- Rapid Results: Capnography, A Key Patient Assessment Tool
- Driving the Course of Care, Vol. 3
- Out of the Darkness
- EMS 10: Innovators in EMS 2010
- Evolution in Resuscitation
- CPR Performance Counts
- Measuring Life & Breath
- The Silent Killer
- Driving the Course of Care, 2010
- Making It Real
Most versatile on the market.
Easy engine accessibility.
Save time and money!
Building innovative solutions.
The art of customization.
More driver and passenger room.
"Non-transport" rescue unit.
Special Call vehicle or SWAT.
Webinar shows what Rettmobil delivers... More >
- Arming Leadership for Safety Change
- Culture of Safety Draft Document
- Video: Factors of Risk
- Video: Integrated EMS
- Rural Example of Community Medicine
EMS Airway Clinic
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Over 50 Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb
- 2 Children Killed, 4 People Injured, in Indianapolis Condo Fire
- Oklahoma School Takes Direct Hit from Large Tornado
- Several Tornadoes Strike Midwest Injuring Many
- Images, Video: Commuter Trains Collide in Connecticut; 60 People Injured
- Washington, D.C. Faces a Critical Paramedic Shortage