WASHINGTON (NBC Washington) - Two paramedics and a patient have been hospitalized after inhaling a large amount of pesticide at an Anacostia apartment complex.
Paramedics with D.C. Fire and EMS had initially responded to an apartment in the 2300 block of Good Hope Road Wednesday evening for a call of residents feeling unwell.
During the response, two of the paramedics themselves began feeling lightheaded.
A HAZMAT crew responded, and found a large amount of pest control chemicals in the building.
The two paramedics, along with the patient they had been treating, have been transported to a local hospital. No word on their conditions.