TOPEKA, Kan. -- Topeka police were trying to sort out the details of a domestic incident Sunday morning in which a 37-year-old woman was reported to have ingested a bottle of Clorox bleach at a westside apartment complex.
The incident was reported around 10:30 a.m. in the 2500 block of S.W. Brandywine.
The woman was taken by American Medical Response ambulance to a local hospital around 11 a.m. Her condition wasn't known.
The 96-ounce bottle that contained the bleach also was being taken to the hospital so officials could confirm what it contained.
Initial reports indicated a man may have poured the bleach down the woman's throat during the incident.
However, at 11:30 a.m., police said detectives on the scene were investigating if the woman had ingested the bleach on her own.
No arrests had been reported in connection with the incident. Additional details weren't immediately available.