TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. - Several residents of the Extended Stay America motel on Morris Bridge Road were sent into the parking lot after a concern for exposure from a dangerous chemical.
A crystal-like substance found where a woman claimed to have ingested cyanide, according to the Temple Terrace spokesman Michael Dunn. Due to the problems associated with handling the chemical, the motel's guests were evacuated as a precaution.
Several rescue units responded about 8 p.m. Monday and stayed on scene throughout the morning. A small amount of cyanide was found in the woman's room, but officials believe it is an isolated incident.
The unidentified woman died at an area hospital.
No other injuries were reported.