Tennessee Toddler Burned Over 25% - News - @ JEMS.com


Tennessee Toddler Burned Over 25%

The two-year old was transfered to Shriners Hospital in Cincinnati


 
 

| Friday, May 28, 2010


VONORE, Tenn. - A toddler from East Tennessee has been burned after her shirt caught fire.

The Knoxville News Sentinel quoted Detective Jennifer Bledsoe of the Monroe County Sheriff's Office who said it isn't clear how the 2-year-old girl's clothing was set ablaze. She and a 5-year-old playmate were supervised when it occurred on Wednesday.

The frightened child ran, fanning the flames, until the mother of the playmate reached her and put out the fire.

The child, who authorities did not identify, was burned over 25 percent of her body and was transferred to the Shriners Burn Center in Cincinnati. Her condition was not available.
___

Information from: The Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com



Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: News, burns

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Buyer's Guide Featured Companies

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Advancement

This is the seventh year of the EMS 10 Innovators in EMS program, jointly sponsored by Physio-Control and JEMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

Wesleyan Students Hospitalized for Overdose

11 students transported to local hospitals.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Denver Medic's Family Says Job Stress Contributed to Suicide

Veteran of over 25 years took her own life after a call.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Denver First Responders Join to Remember Paramedic

Veteran medic took her own life after fatal accident.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Rigs Going in Service from EMS Today 2015

Snap shots of some of the vehicles at EMS Today that will be on the streets soon
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Florida Hospital Fire

Fire halts construction project at Tampa cancer center.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

LMA MAD Nasal™

Needle-free intranasal drug delivery.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

The AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher Conversion Kit - EMS Today 2013

AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >