SC College Evacuated After Experiment Goes Wrong

Once the chemical cools down, the building will be back to normal.

 

 
 
 

WCSC | | Friday, February 4, 2011


VIDEOS

Multimedia Thumb

HazMat At South Carolina College

Student's experiment caused a gas to form Friday afternoon.
more >





CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Fire officials say the College of Charleston Science Center had to be evacuated after a student's experiment caused a gas to form Friday afternoon.

According to the Charleston Fire Department, a student was performing an experiment and added too much water to a chemical causing a reaction which caused a gas to form. Authorities say that the gas could be toxic if inhaled.

There are no reports of injuries. The city hazmat team is working with the College of Charleston and a crew will enter the building to access the situation.
 
Officials say once the chemical cools down, the building will be back to normal.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.



Related Links:




HazMat At South Carolina College


Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: News, hazmat, decontamination

 
What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS





 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Progress

Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

Four Killed in New Mexico Medical Plane Crash

Crash near fairgrounds claims patient and crew of three.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Texas Ambulance Involved in Crash

Odessa ambulance and car collide during response.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Las Vegas Fire, AMR Reach New Deal

Tentative agreement reached over ambulance calls.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Fire Damages Several Homes in California Earthquake

Four homes destroyed and others damaged after quake rattles Napa.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

New Mexico Air Ambulance Crash

NTSB investigates crash that killed four.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Where in the World of EMS is A.J.? Scranton

JEMS Editor-in-Chief visits his hometown of Scranton, Pa.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Over 100 Injured in California Earthquake

172 patients treated at Napa hospital after 6.0-magnitude earthquake.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Field Bridge Xpress ePCR on iPad, Android, Kindle Fire

Sneak peek of customizable run forms & more.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >