NEW YORK (AP) — The Fire Department says 17 people suffered minor injuries when scaffolding collapsed and hit a city bus in Harlem.
The FDNY said one person refused medical attention and the others are being treated after the accident Tuesday morning.
Fire officials say the injured may be a combination of passengers, bystanders and workers.
The bus was headed west on 125th Street at about 9:30 a.m. when it stopped in front of the building with the scaffolding. Witnesses say the structure suddenly collapsed onto the back of the bus.
- NY1: Harlem Building Collapses Onto City Bus; Injuries Reported
- WABC: 7 hurt in Harlem building collapse
- MyFoxNewYork: Scaffolding Collapses On City Bus
- CBS New York: Partial Building Collapses Onto Bus At 125th Street In Harlem
- NBC New York: Building Facade Collapses onto Bus in Harlem: FDNY
- Firegeezer: NYC Scaffold Collapses Onto Transit Bus