CO Leak Forces Evacuation of New Hampshire Hotel


 
 

| Monday, February 15, 2010


PORTSMOUTH, N.H. A carbon monoxide leak forced the evacuation of a Portsmouth, N.H., hotel, and sent 11 people to a hospital.

WCSH-TV reports that one of the injured was unresponsive.

Police officers and firefighters evacuated the Hilton Garden Inn Monday morning after getting reports of people feeling sick.

Officials say carbon monoxide levels in the hotel were found to be high. They speculated that it may have resulted from a faulty heating system.

Officials closed several streets around the downtown hotel.

Information from: WCSH-TV, http://www.wcsh6.com




Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: Medical Emergencies

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

 

 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Progress

Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

Tennessee County EMS Shows Off CPR Tool

Lucas 2 in service in Bradley County.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Abilene Loses Helicopter Service

Native Air leaves city with only one air helicopter service.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

D.C. Fire Chief Proposes another Controversial Ambulance Plan

Staffing change will leave immediate neighborhood without fire apparatus.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

FDIC 2014 CHAT: MIKE MCEVOY AND A.J. HEIGHTMAN

Mike McEvoy and A.J. Heightman discuss some new EMS technology at FDIC 2014.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

The AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher Conversion Kit - EMS Today 2013

AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >