Carbon monoxide leak sends 11 kids to area hospitals


 
 

| Tuesday, January 27, 2009


JEMS.com Editor s Note:Read more about how to treat multiple patients with carbon monoxide poisoning on the JEMS.com MCI Special Topics Page.

CHICAGO -- Nearly 50 teenagers attending an event to meet Chicago Bears players at a Boys and Girls Club on the West Side were evacuated from the club after a faulty furnace caused a carbon monoxide leak.

Eleven children were taken to multiple area hospital in good condition after the leak, according to Fire Media Affairs spokesman Joe Roccasalva.

Click here to read more.




Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: Medical Emergencies, Special Patients

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS





 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Progress

Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

PulsePoint PSA, San Diego

App will allow trained San Diego residents to respond to nearby cardiac arrest c
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

California Beach Lightning Strike MCI

More than a dozen injured in Venice Beach lighting strike.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

New Item on Iowa Helicopter Helps Save Patient’s Life

Supply of blood recently added to LifeFlight helicopter.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Shooting Inside Pennsylvania Hospital

Early reports of one person dead in Darby hospital.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Field Bridge Xpress ePCR on iPad, Android, Kindle Fire

Sneak peek of customizable run forms & more.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

LMA MAD Nasal™

Needle-free intranasal drug delivery.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >