Seven Personnel Overcome at Salina CO Incident


 
 

The Salina Journal | | Thursday, February 4, 2010


Two Salina Fire Department paramedics were hospitalized and eight other people were treated at Salina Regional Health Center on Wednesday after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning in a townhome at 750 Fairdale, Fire Marshal Roger Williams said.

Williams said he did not know the status of a man who lived in the townhome, who was reported to be unconscious and not breathing when firefighters were called to his home around 7 p.m. Wednesday.

A woman who had been trying unsuccessfully to reach the man called authorities when she went to his home and discovered him unconscious, Williams said. She was sickened by carbon monoxide when she entered the townhome, Williams said, but was able to get out and call for help.

However, a paramedic and firefighter who went into the home to render assistance "were quickly overcome, and they collapsed," Williams said. "The captain and driver who were on the truck with them had to go in and pull them out."

Read More, One Salinan dies in carbon monoxide poisoning

Related JEMS Carbon Monoxide Content:




Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: Leadership and Professionalism, Medical Emergencies

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

 

 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Progress

Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

Tennessee County EMS Shows Off CPR Tool

Lucas 2 in service in Bradley County.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Abilene Loses Helicopter Service

Native Air leaves city with only one air helicopter service.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

D.C. Fire Chief Proposes another Controversial Ambulance Plan

Staffing change will leave immediate neighborhood without fire apparatus.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

FDIC 2014 CHAT: MIKE MCEVOY AND A.J. HEIGHTMAN

Mike McEvoy and A.J. Heightman discuss some new EMS technology at FDIC 2014.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

The AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher Conversion Kit - EMS Today 2013

AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

LMA MAD Nasal™

Needle-free intranasal drug delivery.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >