content by A.J. Heightman, MPA, EMT-P
You can get by at an MCI using the basic principles of MCI management, but if you want to refine your processes and run a highly efficient MCI, there are a few additional aspects to consider in your planning.
On Sept. 12, 2008, a commuter train headed north from downtown L.A. collided head on with a southbound freight train, instantly killing 25 and injuring 107. It would become the worst railroad accident in California's history.
Hear from our Editor-in-Chief about why understanding geriatric care is more important than ever.
Do you use resources wisely in your EMS system? When you send too many resources on a call, you_re wasting money and risking precious assets.
It’s difficult to accept the loss of a loved one to the passion of their work. Sometimes it’s for one shift, and other times it’s for eternity. This reality hit home when I heard John Pryor, MD, had been killed while serving in Iraq.
Improve accuracy and speed that
Expand your available arsenal for data collection
Heads-up patient arrival board
Powerful fire and EMS modules working together
Quick and easy access to important information.
Accelerate beyond data collection.
- Patient Safety
- Bringing The Hospital To The Patient
- Critical Factors in Enhancing Provider & Patient Safety
- Rethinking Ambulance Design & Response Time Standards
- Less Safe Than a U-Haul Trailer
Ambulance Innovations from Europe
EMS provider roles around the world differ, and so do the vehicles we use to transport patients... Watch On-Demand
EMS Airway Clinic
Controlling compressible hemorrhage is the highest medical priority for improving survival in trauma cases. Now there is a new, simple and effective tool that will transform the way bleeding, particularly difficult-to-control bleeding, is managed in the field: the iTClamp50.
Medic says Iron County Ambulance violates state standards.
Watch It >
AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >
Sneak peek of customizable run forms & more.
Watch It >
Featured Now on JEMS.com
- Collapse at London Theater
- 28-Year-Old Cardiac Arrest Survivor Meets EMS Personnel Who Helped Save Him
- Coast Guard Officer Dies from November Rescue Injuries
- Shooting at Renown Medical Center Campus in Reno
- Blind Man and Guide Dog Struck by NYC Subway Train
- Explosion Kills One Person, Injures Others in Alabama Apartment Building