Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

D.C. Paramedics Hospitalized After EMS Call

WASHINGTON (NBC Washington) - Two paramedics and a patient have been hospitalized after inhaling a large amount of pesticide at an Anacostia apartment complex.

Paramedics with D.C. Fire and EMS had initially responded to an apartment in the 2300 block of Good Hope Road Wednesday evening for a call of residents feeling unwell.

During the response, two of the paramedics themselves began feeling lightheaded.

A HAZMAT crew responded, and found a large amount of pest control chemicals in the building.

The two paramedics, along with the patient they had been treating, have been transported to a local hospital. No word on their conditions.



RELATED ARTICLES

Compact Tactical Crocothyrotomy Kit with Bougie Contains Everything Needed to Perform Lifesaving Emergency Procedure

Introducing the H&H Tactical Cricothyrotomy Kit, a lightweight, compact kit designed to provide everything needed by trained personnel to quickly address...

Tornado Damages German Town

One person was killed and the town of Buetzow sustained substantial damage.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Services Pleads to Treat Heart Attack Patients

Plan to carry out emergency care is based on procedures in Seattle.

D.C. 911 Director Resigns

Director Greene has been under pressure due to several problematic incidents.

Car Crashes into California Apartment Killing Two

Woman and toddler killed while walking outside of Livermore apartment.

Train Collision in Mexico City

Two metro trains collide at platform, injuring at least 12 people.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers