Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Young Georgia Girl Severely Burned on Playground Slide

LOGANVILLE, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman says deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://bit.ly/1bwQR66 ) reports that authorities are treating the case as an accident and don't anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

___

Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



RELATED ARTICLES

Photos: Rescue in Collapsed Nepal Hotel

French rescue team saves survivor who was trapped in rubble for 82 hours.

Rescue and Recovery in Nepal

Death toll passes 4,000 and is expected to continue to rise as rescue teams search the ruins.

Nurse Falls From Texas Medical Helicopter

STAR Flight nurse’s death is the organization’s first on-duty death in 30-year history.

Drugs Stolen from Columbus Ambulances

Review finds broken and malfunctioning locks in 13 ambulances.

CDC Calls for Expanding Naloxone Use

Effort could reduce drug overdose deaths and save lives.

Rescue Efforts in Nepal

The latest on the devastating earthquake and the rescue response as the death toll climbs to over 3,700.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers