Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Kansas Woman Hospitalized after Ingesting Bottle of Bleach

TOPEKA, Kan. -- Topeka police were trying to sort out the details of a domestic incident Sunday morning in which a 37-year-old woman was reported to have ingested a bottle of Clorox bleach at a westside apartment complex.

The incident was reported around 10:30 a.m. in the 2500 block of S.W. Brandywine.

The woman was taken by American Medical Response ambulance to a local hospital around 11 a.m. Her condition wasn't known.

The 96-ounce bottle that contained the bleach also was being taken to the hospital so officials could confirm what it contained.

Initial reports indicated a man may have poured the bleach down the woman's throat during the incident.

However, at 11:30 a.m., police said detectives on the scene were investigating if the woman had ingested the bleach on her own.

No arrests had been reported in connection with the incident. Additional details weren't immediately available.



RELATED ARTICLES

Collapse at Washington Watergate Garage

One person was injured when three stories of the parking garage collapsed.

Nepal Airport Closed to Large Aircraft

Large planes cause runway damage forcing authorities to halt specific aircraft from landing in Kathmandu.

More Rural Hospitals Closing

A growing number of facilities across the country face growing difficulties.

Milwaukee Launches Community Paramedic Program

Pilot program with University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee looks at follow-up care.

Cherokee Nation EMS Paramedic Training Named Top in Industry

Program is first and only tribe to receive accreditation from Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.

Colorado Residents to Benefit in Ambulance Contract Split

Change in contract for Colorado Springs is seen a way for faster response times and increased funds.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers