Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Paramedic Allegedly Used Lights to Rebuke 'Bad' Driver

A paramedic wrongly turned on his blue flashing lights to pull over a woman -- to tell her off for bad driving, a disciplinary hearing in Cardiff was told yesterday.

Uniformed ambulanceman Shaun Foster, 38, is accused of misusing the emergency lights to stop the woman driver for "cutting him up".

Motorist Jennifer Singleton pulled over because she thought it was an ambulance service vehicle trying to get to a 999 call.

But the Health Professions Council hearing was told Mrs Singleton was shocked when Foster pulled up behind her, jumped out of his vehicle and began ticking her off about her driving.

Now Foster could be suspended from his job as a paramedic if he is found guilty of misconduct for wrongful use of the emergency signals.

Mrs Singleton is a nurse -- and recognised Foster from his job as a paramedic with the Welsh Ambulance Trust. She issued a formal complaint about his behaviour. The hearing was told Foster was driving to work at his ambulance station in Wrexham, on Christmas Day in 2010 when he decided to use the blue flashing lights on his own private car.

Foster was suspended while ambulance chiefs carried into an investigation. The hearing continues.



RELATED ARTICLES

Arkansas Couple Dies Saving Daughter from Tornado

Twister flips trailer over as parents shield 18-month old daughter with their bodies.

Second Major Earthquake Hits Nepal

Rescuers move out to search for victims after a magnitude-7.3 earthquake hits Kathmandu region.

New D.C. Fire Chief Faces New Delayed Ambulance Investigation

DCFEMS Chief Gregory Dean and Emergency Management Director Chris Geldart apologize for ambulance delay.

Google Confirms Self-Driving Car Accidents

Cars have been involved in 11 accidents since experiment began.

Medical Helicopter Lawsuits on the Rise

Patients face hard-edge legal tactics as companies try to gain reimbursement.

Paramedics Resuscitate Man Rescued in New York Fire

One person was pulled unconscious from inside a boarding house fire in Buffalo.

Features by Topic

JEMS TV

FEATURED VIDEO TOPICS

Learn about new products and innovations featured at EMS Today 2015

 

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers