Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Five Dead in Maryland Carbon Monoxide Incident

OXON HILL, Md. (WJLA) - Five adults inside an Oxon Hill home have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning, fire officials confirm to ABC 7 News.

Prince George's Fire spokesman Mark Brady says that the five people died inside a home in the 700 block of Shelby Drive in Oxon Hill.

The home is in a residential area just east of Indian Head Highway, near the Capital Beltway. The victims are unrelated but attend the same church and are originally from El Salvador, officials say.

Authorities say carbon monoxide levels inside the home found were over 500 parts per million, a highly dangerous and likely lethal level of the colorless, odorless gas.



RELATED ARTICLES

Amtrak Crash Death Toll at Eight

Cadaver dog finds a body at the scene of the Philadelphia derailment.

Over 70 Killed in Philippines Factory Blaze

Many workers became trapped on the second floor behind window bars.

Skedco Releases HydraSim

Skedco Inc., the manufacturer of the battle tested Sked stretcher, spent the last 8 years developing a rugged, realistic, and affordable solution to the chao...

Massachusetts Congressman Introduces EMS Memorial Bill

Congressman Stephen F. Lynch proposes bill to create a national memorial in Washington, D.C.

NTSB: No Safety Instructions Given in Fatal California Bus Crash

Investigators find that students were not told about safety features before fiery crash killed 10.

Ambulance Struck in Georgia Chain-Reaction Crash

Central Ambulance was struck after arriving on the scene of a crash on I-75 in Bartow County.

Features by Topic

Featured Careers

 

JEMS TV

FEATURED VIDEO TOPICS

Learn about new products and innovations featured at EMS Today 2015

 

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts