EXCLUSIVES
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Ala. Man Poisoned by Decapitated Snake Head

MOBILE, Ala. -- Authorities in Alabama said a homeless man handling a decapitated snake head was treated after being poisoned by the snake's venom.

Emergency responders in Mobile said the 41-year-old man stuck a finger in the mouth of what was believed to be the head of a cotton mouth and the snake's fangs broke his skin, WALA-TV, Mobile, reported Wednesday.

The man initially refused medical treatment, but paramedics were called back to the scene when the man began showing the effects of venom poisoning. He was taken to USA Medical Center for treatment. A friend of the man said he spotted the snake swimming in a nearby creek.

"I saw it swimming down along the creek and everything. And I ran down and hit it with the machete and killed it and brought it up. He picked the head up and stuck himself right in the finger with it," the friend said.

"He put his finger in there and all of a sudden the nerves, I guess, and it bit down on his finger."

RELATED ARTICLES

Roller Coasters Crash at British Amusement Park

Four seriously injured when cars collide at one of Britain’s biggest amusement parks.

DuPont Protection Technologies Launches SafeSPEC™ Mobile

Mobile App Enables Easy-To-Read Content, Product and Technical Data From Anywhere

Scientists Work on ‘Battlefield MRI’

Los Alamos National Laboratory is designing a lower-tech, portable MRI.

California Woman Dies in Fall from Fair Ride

Patient fell 28 feet at San Bernardino County Fair.

69 Killed in Tanker Explosion in Nigeria

Runaway oil tanker exploded in a crowded bus station.

Cruise Ship Capsizes in China; Hundreds Missing

Over 400 missing after cruise ship capsizes on the Yangtze River.

Features by Topic

Featured Careers

 

JEMS TV

FEATURED VIDEO TOPICS

Learn about new products and innovations featured at EMS Today 2015

 

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts