Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

One Dead, Four Sick in Suspected West Virginia CO Incident

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Authorities have evacuated a West Virginia hotel after one guest was found dead and at least four others fell sick from suspected carbon monoxide exposure.

South Charleston fire Capt. Virgil White said firefighters detected high levels of the colorless, odorless gas on several floors Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Express. Later it was determined it came from a pool heater.

Fire Chief Greg Petry said four male victims, including the dead man, were found in one room on the fifth floor. The dead man had failed to show up for a meeting, and the others fell ill when they went to his room to check on him.

Authorities didn't know how many guests overall had been staying at the hotel.



RELATED ARTICLES

Virginia Task Force Reviews Train Derailment Response Preparedness

Group finds the state is not prepared to deal with a worst-case scenario.

Collapse at Washington Watergate Garage

One person was injured when three stories of the parking garage collapsed.

Nepal Airport Closed to Large Aircraft

Large planes cause runway damage forcing authorities to halt specific aircraft from landing in Kathmandu.

More Rural Hospitals Closing

A growing number of facilities across the country face growing difficulties.

Milwaukee Launches Community Paramedic Program

Pilot program with University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee looks at follow-up care.

Cherokee Nation EMS Paramedic Training Named Top in Industry

Program is first and only tribe to receive accreditation from Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers