EXCLUSIVES
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

11 Hospitalized after Maryland Carbon Monoxide Leak

ROCKVILLE, Md. (WTTG) - Montgomery County fire officials say eleven residents of a Rockville apartment building have been sickened by carbon monoxide.

Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham says firefighters were called to the 1200 block of First Street about 2 a.m. Tuesday for possible high carbon monoxide levels in the building. Rescue crews at the scene evaluated several residents and 11 were taken to hospitals.

Graham says none of the patients are in critical condition.

Graham says a malfunctioning hot water heater was to blame for the leak.



RELATED ARTICLES

69 Killed in Tanker Explosion in Nigeria

Runaway oil tanker exploded in a crowded bus station.

Cruise Ship Capsizes in China; Hundreds Missing

Over 400 missing after cruise ship capsizes on the Yangtze River.

Collapse Causes Evacuation at Puerto Rico Condominium

Nearly two dozen people are displaced after a water tank collapsed through the roof.

Car Hits Wall at LAX Critically Injuring Girl

9-year old girl was critically injured when a car struck her and then a wall at Los Angeles International Airport.

More Bodies Recovered from Texas Flood

At least 28 killed nationwide due to storms.

Secretary of State Suffers Fractured Femur in Bicycle Crash

Paramedics and a physician were on hand as part of the motorcade.

Features by Topic

Featured Careers

 

JEMS TV

FEATURED VIDEO TOPICS

Learn about new products and innovations featured at EMS Today 2015

 

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts