Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Michigan Patient Emits Poisonous Gas

A Michigan hospital said a patient believed to have ingested rodent poison was found to be emitting potentially harmful gasses and has been isolated.

Lauren Jones, a spokeswoman for St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, said the man has been isolated in his room and is being monitored by Washtenaw County Hazardous Material Team workers, the Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday.

"The hospital is open and the situation is isolated," she said.

"Hazmat teams ... here are monitoring the levels of gas in the room; the levels are not at explosive or flammable levels," Jones said. "The air has been tested and confirmed for low levels. Hazmat teams are continuing to monitor the levels to ensure maintaining a safe environment; the level of gas in the room is only expected to improve."

Jones said she was unable to give any further details on the man's condition due to patient privacy laws.



RELATED ARTICLES

Rescue and Recovery in Nepal

Death toll passes 4,000 and is expected to continue to rise as rescue teams search the ruins.

Nurse Falls From Texas Medical Helicopter

STAR Flight nurse’s death is the organization’s first on-duty death in 30-year history.

Drugs Stolen from Columbus Ambulances

Review finds broken and malfunctioning locks in 13 ambulances.

CDC Calls for Expanding Naloxone Use

Effort could reduce drug overdose deaths and save lives.

Rescue Efforts in Nepal

The latest on the devastating earthquake and the rescue response as the death toll climbs to over 3,700.

Virginia USAR Team Mobilizes for Nepal

Fairfax County Urban Search and Rescue team is on the way to quake site.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers