EXCLUSIVES
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

SC College Evacuated After Experiment Goes Wrong

jems0204sccollege

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Fire officials say the College of Charleston Science Center had to be evacuated after a student's experiment caused a gas to form Friday afternoon.

According to the Charleston Fire Department, a student was performing an experiment and added too much water to a chemical causing a reaction which caused a gas to form. Authorities say that the gas could be toxic if inhaled.

There are no reports of injuries. The city hazmat team is working with the College of Charleston and a crew will enter the building to access the situation.
 
Officials say once the chemical cools down, the building will be back to normal.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.

RELATED ARTICLES

Wisconsin City Council Turns Over EMS to Hospital

Vote in Platteville transfers control of EMS to Southwest health Center.

21 People Rescued From Drifting Houseboat in Texas

Austin-Travis County EMS said none of the occupants were injured.

Austin-Travis County EMS Honored with Mission: Lifeline Gold Award

AHA award recognizes successful implementation of quality improvement measures.

Construction Worker injured in fall at Maine Water Treatment Plant

Firefighters had to cut through reinforcing bar to access the patient.

Wisconsin Council Votes on Ambulance Service Change

Vote could move responsibility of EMS delivery to area hospital.

Ohio Law Would Allow EMTs to Treat Injured Animals

Proposed bill would not allow people to call 911 for pets.

Features by Topic

Featured Careers

 

JEMS TV

FEATURED VIDEO TOPICS

Learn about new products and innovations featured at EMS Today 2015

 

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts