EXCLUSIVES
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Five Dead In Florida Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) -- Fire officials say five friends are dead likely from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a running car in a closed garage underneath their South Florida motel room.

Hialeah police spokesman Carl Zogby says it is believed to be an accident.

A Hialeah fire spokesman says a maid at Presidente Motel called 911 Monday after looking through a window and seeing several of the teens unconscious.

Police say they had rented the room Sunday to celebrate one of teens' 19th birthday. A car that had needed a jump-start earlier was left running in the garage. A door leading to a staircase up to the room had been left open, and high levels of carbon monoxide were found inside.

Officials say no alcohol, illegal drugs or other suspicious items were found inside the room.

RELATED ARTICLES

Collapse Causes Evacuation at Puerto Rico Condominium

Nearly two dozen people are displaced after a water tank collapsed through the roof.

Car Hits Wall at LAX Critically Injuring Girl

9-year old girl was critically injured when a car struck her and then a wall at Los Angeles International Airport.

More Bodies Recovered from Texas Flood

At least 28 killed nationwide due to storms.

Secretary of State Suffers Fractured Femur in Bicycle Crash

Paramedics and a physician were on hand as part of the motorcade.

10 Injured in Manhattan Crane Load Collapse

Air-conditioning unit broke free and fell 28-stories onto Madison Avenue.

Wisconsin City Council Turns Over EMS to Hospital

Vote in Platteville transfers control of EMS to Southwest health Center.

Features by Topic

Featured Careers

 

JEMS TV

FEATURED VIDEO TOPICS

Learn about new products and innovations featured at EMS Today 2015

 

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts