Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Cyanide Scare Forces Florida Motel Evacuation

Cyanide-hotel-scare

TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. - Several residents of the Extended Stay America motel on Morris Bridge Road were sent into the parking lot after a concern for exposure from a dangerous chemical.

A crystal-like substance found where a woman claimed to have ingested cyanide, according to the Temple Terrace spokesman Michael Dunn.  Due to the problems associated with handling the chemical, the motel's guests were evacuated as a precaution.

Several rescue units responded about 8 p.m. Monday and stayed on scene throughout the morning.  A small amount of cyanide was found in the woman's room, but officials believe it is an isolated incident.

The unidentified woman died at an area hospital.

No other injuries were reported.



RELATED ARTICLES

Virginia Task Force Reviews Train Derailment Response Preparedness

Group finds the state is not prepared to deal with a worst-case scenario.

Collapse at Washington Watergate Garage

One person was injured when three stories of the parking garage collapsed.

Nepal Airport Closed to Large Aircraft

Large planes cause runway damage forcing authorities to halt specific aircraft from landing in Kathmandu.

More Rural Hospitals Closing

A growing number of facilities across the country face growing difficulties.

Milwaukee Launches Community Paramedic Program

Pilot program with University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee looks at follow-up care.

Cherokee Nation EMS Paramedic Training Named Top in Industry

Program is first and only tribe to receive accreditation from Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers