FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Over 200 Evacuated From Indianapolis Office

INDIANAPOLIS - Nineteen employees at a southwest side office building were taken to local hospitals after diesel fumes from an attached garage wafted into their workspace and sickened them.

Emergency workers were called out to the Lockheed Martin office in the 5100 block of Decatur Boulevard just before 11 a.m. on a report of someone having difficulty breathing. By the time they arrived they were confronted with several sick employees.

In all, 263 people were evacuated from the building, 100 were evaluated for illness and 20 were taken to area hospitals -- according to the fire department.

A press release from the Decatur Township Fire Department says the fumes stemmed from a freight truck that was running inside the Panther Racing garage, which shares the office building with Lockheed Martin.

The garage was actually being used Monday by members of the Vision Racing team, the fire department says. The team was reportedly changing a trailer from one truck to another. The fire department says a Vision representative said the practice of leaving the trucks running is is something they do all the time and nothing out of the ordinary.

All of the illnesses were considered non life-threatening, said firefighters.

The fire department says the oxygen levels in the Lockheed Martin office were restored to normal and employees were free to return to the building.


Collapse Causes Evacuation at Puerto Rico Condominium

Nearly two dozen people are displaced after a water tank collapsed through the roof.

Car Hits Wall at LAX Critically Injuring Girl

9-year old girl was critically injured when a car struck her and then a wall at Los Angeles International Airport.

More Bodies Recovered from Texas Flood

At least 28 killed nationwide due to storms.

Secretary of State Suffers Fractured Femur in Bicycle Crash

Paramedics and a physician were on hand as part of the motorcade.

10 Injured in Manhattan Crane Load Collapse

Air-conditioning unit broke free and fell 28-stories onto Madison Avenue.

Wisconsin City Council Turns Over EMS to Hospital

Vote in Platteville transfers control of EMS to Southwest health Center.

Features by Topic

Featured Careers




Learn about new products and innovations featured at EMS Today 2015


JEMS Connect




Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts