Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Indiana Boy Burned During Marshmallow Roast

CHESTERTON, Ind. - Police say a plastic bottle filled with gasoline exploded after it was tossed into a fire pit, badly burning a boy who was attending a birthday party in northwestern Indiana.

Chesterton police say the 12-year-old boy suffered second-degree burns to his head, neck and arm. About six children ages 8 to 15 were roasting marshmallows around the fire Sunday night, with one of them squirting gasoline from the bottle to keep the fire going.

A police report said that after a small fire flared up, a party equipment business employee tossed the bottle into the pit and told the children stay away. The bottle exploded shortly after the workers left.

Popo's Parties owner Danielle Popovich says the children were unattended and her employees didn't know gasoline was in the bottle.



RELATED ARTICLES

Compact Tactical Crocothyrotomy Kit with Bougie Contains Everything Needed to Perform Lifesaving Emergency Procedure

Introducing the H&H Tactical Cricothyrotomy Kit, a lightweight, compact kit designed to provide everything needed by trained personnel to quickly address...

Tornado Damages German Town

One person was killed and the town of Buetzow sustained substantial damage.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Services Pleads to Treat Heart Attack Patients

Plan to carry out emergency care is based on procedures in Seattle.

D.C. 911 Director Resigns

Director Greene has been under pressure due to several problematic incidents.

Car Crashes into California Apartment Killing Two

Woman and toddler killed while walking outside of Livermore apartment.

Train Collision in Mexico City

Two metro trains collide at platform, injuring at least 12 people.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers