Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Odor Causes Maine Hotel Evacuation

BANGOR, Maine - People were evacuated from a Bangor, Maine, motel after an odor was noticed and six people, including four firefighters, were sent to the hospital with respiratory problems.



Shortly after the 9 p.m. Thursday evacuation at the Howard Johnson Inn, several of the guests forced outside by the odor could be seen in a decontamination tent outside the motel's main entrance. Some were coughing and choking.



Assistant Fire Chief Darrell Cyr told the Bangor Daily News the fire department was called to the motel for reports of an acrid odor, which he described as "very pungent."



Despite searching both floors of the inn for nearly three hours, he said, firefighters were unable to determine the source of the odor.



A hotel worker estimated there were about 100 people at the motel.

___



Information from: Bangor Daily News, http://www.bangornews.com



RELATED ARTICLES

Milwaukee Launches Community Paramedic Program

Pilot program with University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee looks at follow-up care.

Cherokee Nation EMS Paramedic Training Named Top in Industry

Program is first and only tribe to receive accreditation from Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.

Colorado Residents to Benefit in Ambulance Contract Split

Change in contract for Colorado Springs is seen a way for faster response times and increased funds.

FDNY Graduates Over 100 New EMTs

Seven foreign languages are spoken among the new personnel.

Teen Rescued Five Days after Nepal Quake

Victim pulled from rubble of seven-story building.

Photos: Rescue in Collapsed Nepal Hotel

French rescue team saves survivor who was trapped in rubble for 82 hours.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers