Exclusives
FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+RSS Feed
Fire EMSEMS TodayEMS Insider

Carbon monoxide leak sends 11 kids to area hospitals

JEMS.com Editor s Note:Read more about how to treat multiple patients with carbon monoxide poisoning on the JEMS.com MCI Special Topics Page.

CHICAGO -- Nearly 50 teenagers attending an event to meet Chicago Bears players at a Boys and Girls Club on the West Side were evacuated from the club after a faulty furnace caused a carbon monoxide leak.

Eleven children were taken to multiple area hospital in good condition after the leak, according to Fire Media Affairs spokesman Joe Roccasalva.

Click here to read more.

RELATED ARTICLES

Over 2,500 Killed in Nepal Quake

Landslides and aftershocks cause fear in survivors and hinder rescue efforts.

FERNO's New 'Proof of Concept' Ambulance has the EMS Industry Talking

You'll hear a lot more about this innovative new ambulance interior, so I will just highlight what its most impressive offerings are to me: Interchangable, c...

Washington State Signs Community Paramedicine Bill into Law

With a lot of passion and perseverance, it’s possible to change the history of EMS.

Firefighters Rescue Man Who Wedged Inside Wall to Evade Cops

A central Indiana man who hid inside a wall in his home to avoid arrest had to berescued by firefighters after he became wedged next to its chimney for ...

17 Patients Evaluated After Plane Makes Emergency Landing

SkyWest spokeswoman Marissa Snow said new information from medical personnel confirmed that "a total of three passengers reported a loss of consciousnes...

Nurse Practitioner Now Responding to EMS Calls with Green Valley Fire

The district has started a first of its kind program that brings urgent medical care right into a patient's home.

Features by Topic

JEMS Connect

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
 

EMS BLOGS

Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

Featured Careers