13 Hospitalized Following Response to Cyanide Poisoning


 
 

| Wednesday, March 26, 2008


WASHINGTON -- A man found dead of apparent cyanide poisoning has been identified as a scientist with the Smithsonian Institution.

John Winter, 72, who was with the Smithsonian for more than 30 years, specialized in art conservation.

Emergency responders were called to his home in the 4300 block of 36th Street in Northwest at about 5 p.m. Monday because a woman was concerned that she had not seen her neighbor. The woman had a key to Winter's home, so she let the firefighters, paramedics, a police officer and herself in to check on him.

Click here for the full story.




Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: PPE and Infection Control, Special Operations, WMD and Terrorism

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS





 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Progress

Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

New Item on Iowa Helicopter Helps Save Patient’s Life

Supply of blood recently added to LifeFlight helicopter.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Shooting Inside Pennsylvania Hospital

Early reports of one person dead in Darby hospital.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Anchorage Chief Proposes Shifting Fire, Medic Crews

Officials debate ways to reduce paramedic burnout.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Kansas City Woman Thanks EMTs Who Saved Her Life

CPR save highlights community awareness program
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

LMA MAD Nasal™

Needle-free intranasal drug delivery.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >