SC College Evacuated After Experiment Goes Wrong - News - @ JEMS.com


SC College Evacuated After Experiment Goes Wrong

Once the chemical cools down, the building will be back to normal.

 

 
 
 

WCSC | | Friday, February 4, 2011


VIDEOS

Multimedia Thumb

HazMat At South Carolina College

Student's experiment caused a gas to form Friday afternoon.
more >





CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Fire officials say the College of Charleston Science Center had to be evacuated after a student's experiment caused a gas to form Friday afternoon.

According to the Charleston Fire Department, a student was performing an experiment and added too much water to a chemical causing a reaction which caused a gas to form. Authorities say that the gas could be toxic if inhaled.

There are no reports of injuries. The city hazmat team is working with the College of Charleston and a crew will enter the building to access the situation.
 
Officials say once the chemical cools down, the building will be back to normal.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.



Related Links:




HazMat At South Carolina College


Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: News, hazmat, decontamination

 
What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Buyer's Guide Featured Companies

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Advancement

This is the seventh year of the EMS 10 Innovators in EMS program, jointly sponsored by Physio-Control and JEMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

JEMS TV Product Innovations at EMS Today 2015: Road Safety from Zoll

Protect your assets. Equip your fleet with Road Safety® from ZOLL
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Glendale Firefighters Suspended for Punching Patient

Excessive force was used on a combative patient.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Vancouver Chemical Fire Causes Major Response

Hazmat incident sends smoke over port neighborhood.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Salt Lake City Firefighters Injured in Firehouse Fire

Nine sent to a hospital with smoke inhalation.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Plane Skids off Runway at LaGuardia Airport

Delta flight stops just short of Flushing Bay
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Rigs Going in Service from EMS Today 2015

Snap shots of some of the vehicles at EMS Today that will be on the streets soon
More >


Multimedia Thumb

LMA MAD Nasal™

Needle-free intranasal drug delivery.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Field Bridge Xpress ePCR on iPad, Android, Kindle Fire

Sneak peek of customizable run forms & more.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >