Five Dead In Florida Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Officials believe deaths to be accidental.


 
 

| Tuesday, December 28, 2010


VIDEOS

Multimedia Thumb

5 Teens Dead In Fla. Motel

Authorities believe was carbon monoxide poisoning.
more >





HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) -- Fire officials say five friends are dead likely from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a running car in a closed garage underneath their South Florida motel room.

Hialeah police spokesman Carl Zogby says it is believed to be an accident.

A Hialeah fire spokesman says a maid at Presidente Motel called 911 Monday after looking through a window and seeing several of the teens unconscious.

Police say they had rented the room Sunday to celebrate one of teens' 19th birthday. A car that had needed a jump-start earlier was left running in the garage. A door leading to a staircase up to the room had been left open, and high levels of carbon monoxide were found inside.

Officials say no alcohol, illegal drugs or other suspicious items were found inside the room.



Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy


5 Teens Dead In Fla. Motel


Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: News, carbon monoxide

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS





 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Progress

Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

Details on Discipline Released in D.C. Investigation

Interim fire chief claims punishment was not severe enough.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Kentucky Firefighters Recovering from Injuries

One of the four remains in critical condition.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Three Kentucky Firefighters Injured in Ice Bucket Challenge

Campbellsville tower ladder comes in contact with power lines.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

NAEMT: Transforming EMS

A look inside at the Mobile Healthcare Paramedic system.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Numerous Rescues during Arizona Flooding

Severe flooding across the region prompted several rescues.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Colorado Hiker Rescue

Injured hiker spent three hours in a crevice.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Airlift at Swiss Train Derailment

Helicopters used to help reach the injured.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

LMA MAD Nasal™

Needle-free intranasal drug delivery.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

The AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher Conversion Kit - EMS Today 2013

AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >


More Product Videos >