A hate-spewing EMS lieutenant was suspended yesterday after FDNY Commissioner Sal Cassano and other officials read a Post story exposing his vile Twitter rants against blacks, Jews, Asians and women.
"The commissioner's deeply concerned, and he's suspended him without pay," Fire Department spokesman Frank Gribbon said of blubbering, disgraced EMS Lt. Timothy Dluhos.
The 12-year veteran is the second FDNY employee in less than a week to be outed by The Post as a racist. The first was Cassano's own EMT son, Joseph, who resigned in shame last Monday over his sickening tweets.
Dluhos' 30-day suspension came as NYPD cops confiscated two rifles owned by the 34-year-old dad, who had bragged online about the arsenal of weapons he kept at his Staten Island home, a law-enforcement source said. He had permits for both weapons, the source said.
In a series of photos Dluhos posted to Twitpic - where he uses a sketch of the Unabomber as profile photo - he can be seen aiming a handgun and rifle at a shooting range.
The hunter had used an image of Hitler as a profile pic and the name "Bad Lieutenant" on Twitter.
His vile tweets included him referring to Mayor Bloomberg as "King Heeb" and saying, "F- -ken chinks can't drive."
He also repeatedly Photoshopped a picture of an unnamed black teen - one with a Hitler mustache and another with a surgical mask and the words, "I's be a doxter.''
Bloomberg refused to comment yesterday.
Dluhos broke down in tears when confronted by The Post Friday, saying he had been venting work stress with the abhorrent tweets - possibly hinting he might try to claim that the emotional pressure of his job led him to lash out at groups on the Internet.
"It's like a battlefield," he said of the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood he served from EMS Station 57.
Dluhos has since yanked down his Twitter and Facebook profiles.
As part of his suspension, the department would take away his ID, shield and station keys, an FDNY source said.
Ultimately, he could face discipline ranging from a fine to termination, the source said.
Dluhos emerged yesterday morning from his home and told a reporter, "For my children's safety, please, you have to leave me alone.
A warning had come down from the EMS union in January, telling members the department was on the lookout for inappropriate social-media posts.
Dluhos obviously didn't heed it - and even continued writing after Joseph Cassano, 23, was exposed.
"The commissioner is upset about both of these cases," said Gribbon, the FDNY spokesman.
After Dluhos was exposed in Sunday's Post, firefighters and medics began removing posts or using privacy settings to avoid the eyes of the media and FDNY bosses, sources said.
"The FDNY is moving to get as many firefighters and EMS members who they deem as offensive off line as quickly as possible," a retired EMS veteran said.
It left some in the department steamed.
"Ok so now on Monday I'm going to be told to close my page, because of some immature idiot who worked for the same place?" Kevin Haugh, who identified himself as an EMS captain, wrote on Facebook.
The FDNY said it didn't plan on hindering free speech but would take any action it could to thwart the inappropriate use of social-media platforms.
Additional reporting by C.J. Sullivan, Philip Messing and Sally Goldenberg