The Nicholas Rosecrans Award is presented annually by EPIC Medics to honor innovation and excellence in EMS-based injury prevention programs.
JEMS, Laerdal Medical, The RedFlash Group and NHTSA have all joined EPIC Medics to honor those who have gone above and beyond to prevent injuries.
The award recognizes those extraordinary individuals/agencies who, not only respond to injuries, but also have taken the extra steps to keep them from happening in the first place.
This award memorializes Nicholas Rosecrans, a toddler whose drowning sparked a group of paramedics to create EPIC Medics and assume community leadership in injury prevention. Since that time, EPIC Medics has become nationally recognized for their innovative and successful approach to preventing injuries to children.
The recipient of the Nicholas Rosecrans Award will be recognized at the EMS Today Conference at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C. on Saturday, February 8, 2014.
The winning program, as evaluated by experts, will receive:
• National recognition at the 32nd EMS Today Conference in Washington D.C.
• Complimentary registration to EMS Today 2014 for up to 4 members of the winning organization(s). Value: $1,290
• Up to 5 EMS Today 2014 registrations at 50% off the standard rate. Value: $1,075
• Announcement of the winner of the award at the closing ceremonies at EMS Today 2014, Saturday, February 8, 2014.
• Profile in JEMS
This award is open to EMS personnel, agencies or organizations that have demonstrated leadership, innovation or accomplishments in injury prevention
• Establish or expand comprehensive injury prevention program(s) whose effectiveness can be demonstrated by a reduction of injuries in the targeted area
• Promote the participation of EMS personnel in injury prevention activities within the community
• Integrate the critical elements of injury prevention into their program or intervention (see Critical Elements of a successful Injury Prevention program next page)
• Create collaborations or partnerships between agencies, organizations, Public Health or citizens that promote injury prevention