11 Hospitalized after Maryland Carbon Monoxide Leak - News - @ JEMS.com


11 Hospitalized after Maryland Carbon Monoxide Leak

Malfunctioning hot water heater was to blame for the leak


 
 

WTTG | | Tuesday, July 26, 2011


VIDEOS

Multimedia Thumb

11 Hospitalized After Maryland CO Leak

Rescue crews at the scene evaluated several residents and 11 were taken to hospitals.
more >





ROCKVILLE, Md. (WTTG) - Montgomery County fire officials say eleven residents of a Rockville apartment building have been sickened by carbon monoxide.

Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham says firefighters were called to the 1200 block of First Street about 2 a.m. Tuesday for possible high carbon monoxide levels in the building. Rescue crews at the scene evaluated several residents and 11 were taken to hospitals.

Graham says none of the patients are in critical condition.

Graham says a malfunctioning hot water heater was to blame for the leak.



Related Links:




11 Hospitalized After Maryland CO Leak


Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: News, carbon monoxide poisoning

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Buyer's Guide Featured Companies

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

FEBRUARY 25-28, 2015

Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, Maryland USA
THE SHOW IS OPEN!

WEATHER REPORT


 

 

 

 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Advancement

This is the seventh year of the EMS 10 Innovators in EMS program, jointly sponsored by Physio-Control and JEMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

Wesleyan Students Hospitalized for Overdose

11 students transported to local hospitals.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Denver Medic's Family Says Job Stress Contributed to Suicide

Veteran of over 25 years took her own life after a call.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Denver First Responders Join to Remember Paramedic

Veteran medic took her own life after fatal accident.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Rigs Going in Service from EMS Today 2015

Snap shots of some of the vehicles at EMS Today that will be on the streets soon
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Florida Hospital Fire

Fire halts construction project at Tampa cancer center.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Field Bridge Xpress ePCR on iPad, Android, Kindle Fire

Sneak peek of customizable run forms & more.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

The AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher Conversion Kit - EMS Today 2013

AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >