CO Leak Forces Evacuation of New Hampshire Hotel


 
 

| Monday, February 15, 2010


PORTSMOUTH, N.H. A carbon monoxide leak forced the evacuation of a Portsmouth, N.H., hotel, and sent 11 people to a hospital.

WCSH-TV reports that one of the injured was unresponsive.

Police officers and firefighters evacuated the Hilton Garden Inn Monday morning after getting reports of people feeling sick.

Officials say carbon monoxide levels in the hotel were found to be high. They speculated that it may have resulted from a faulty heating system.

Officials closed several streets around the downtown hotel.

Information from: WCSH-TV, http://www.wcsh6.com




Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: Medical Emergencies

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS





 

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Innovation & Progress

Follow in the footsteps of these inspirational leaders of EMS.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

California Beach Lightning Strike MCI

More than a dozen injured in Venice Beach lighting strike.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

New Item on Iowa Helicopter Helps Save Patient’s Life

Supply of blood recently added to LifeFlight helicopter.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Shooting Inside Pennsylvania Hospital

Early reports of one person dead in Darby hospital.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Anchorage Chief Proposes Shifting Fire, Medic Crews

Officials debate ways to reduce paramedic burnout.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

The AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher Conversion Kit - EMS Today 2013

AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

LMA MAD Nasal™

Needle-free intranasal drug delivery.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >