Seven Personnel Overcome at Salina CO Incident - @ JEMS.com


Seven Personnel Overcome at Salina CO Incident


 
 

The Salina Journal | | Thursday, February 4, 2010


Two Salina Fire Department paramedics were hospitalized and eight other people were treated at Salina Regional Health Center on Wednesday after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning in a townhome at 750 Fairdale, Fire Marshal Roger Williams said.

Williams said he did not know the status of a man who lived in the townhome, who was reported to be unconscious and not breathing when firefighters were called to his home around 7 p.m. Wednesday.

A woman who had been trying unsuccessfully to reach the man called authorities when she went to his home and discovered him unconscious, Williams said. She was sickened by carbon monoxide when she entered the townhome, Williams said, but was able to get out and call for help.

However, a paramedic and firefighter who went into the home to render assistance "were quickly overcome, and they collapsed," Williams said. "The captain and driver who were on the truck with them had to go in and pull them out."

Read More, One Salinan dies in carbon monoxide poisoning

Related JEMS Carbon Monoxide Content:




Connect: Have a thought or feedback about this? Add your comment now
Related Topics: Leadership and Professionalism, Medical Emergencies

What's Your Take? Comment Now ...

Buyer's Guide Featured Companies

Featured Careers & Jobs in EMS

Get JEMS in Your Inbox

 

Fire EMS Blogs


Blogger Browser

Today's Featured Posts

 

EMS Airway Clinic

Improving Survival from Cardiac Arrest Using ACD-CPR + ITD

Using active compression-decompression CPR with an ITD has been shown to improve 1-year survival from cardiac arrest by 33%.
More >

Multimedia Thumb

FDNY Rescues Boy on Frozen River

Video captures rescue on the Bronx River.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Three Injured in Philadelphia Collapse

Parapet wall falls through roof of store.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Explosion Shakes Mexico Hospital

Rescuers search ruins of children’s hospital.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Hands On February 2015

Here’s a look at this month’s product hands on.
More >


Multimedia Thumb

Nightwatch Series Premiere Party

JEMS Editor-in-Chief A.J. Heightman attends the series premiere of A&E's new reality show, "Nightwatch."
More >


Multimedia Thumb

VividTrac offered by Vivid Medical - EMS Today 2013

VividTrac, affordable high performance video intubation device.
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

The AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher Conversion Kit - EMS Today 2013

AmbuBus®, Bus Stretcher all-hazards preparedness & response tool
Watch It >


Multimedia Thumb

Braun Ambulances' EZ Door Forward

Helps to create a safer ambulance module.
Watch It >


More Product Videos >