ZOLL Medical, a manufacturer of resuscitation devices and related software solutions, announced that it will display its range of resuscitation products -- including the new ZOLL R Series defibrillator -- in its booth at the 2007 ENA Scientific Assembly, September 27-29, in Salt Lake City.
"We believe the R Series sets a new standard for simplicity and operational readiness, which will improve in-hospital resuscitation efforts," said Richard A. Packer, President and Chief Executive Officer of ZOLL. "This exclusive technology delivers new milestones in defibrillator performance and reliability when it counts the most -- during a cardiac arrest event."
The ZOLL R Series is a Code-Ready device that is simple, smart, and ready to use. It offers a OneStep system to simplify and speed up deployment of pacing and defibrillation therapy. It also offers smart tools to help clinicians improve CPR performance, which is important since more than half of in-hospital codes involve non-shockable rhythms and, in such cases, the only treatment is high-quality CPR with minimal interruptions.
The R Series can also verify the condition and expiration date of the electrode set. All of this testing occurs without disconnecting electrodes or paddles, or requiring additional equipment to test shock delivery. The system provides a printed or electronic log to alert hospital personnel of any concerns in advance of a code. A simple green checkmark indicates that the R Series is fully ready for use.
In addition to the R Series, ZOLL will also display:
- ZOLL CodeNet, which is the first software system that allows hospital teams to better document, manage, and review a cardiac arrest event and resuscitation information. CodeNet brings new improvements and efficiencies in data capture, event time synchronization, and case and aggregate reporting.
- The ZOLL M Series CCT, which offers ZOLL's standardized biphasic defibrillation, external pacing, complete monitoring, and a large full-color display in a single portable unit. The M Series CCT features a three-channel display for ECG and two invasive pressures with ranges covering arterial, pulmonary arterial, central venous, or intracranial, as well as two temperature channels.
- The AutoPulse, which is an automated, non-invasive cardiac support pump. Its unique, load-distributing LifeBand squeezes a wide surface area of the chest, helping to move more blood, more effectively than is possible with human hands.
- Its line of automated external defibrillators (AEDs), the ZOLL AED Plus and AED Pro with Real CPR Help. ZOLL's Real CPR Help, first available in 2002, allows rescuers to instantly see and hear how well they are performing the rate and depth of CPR chest compressions.
- In addition to Real CPR Help, both the R Series and AED Pro feature ZOLL's patented See-Thru CPR technology. See-Thru CPR helps minimize interruptions in CPR--one of the key recommendations of the American Heart Association's (AHA) Guidelines for Advanced Cardiac Life Support.