The FDNY, in partnership with the FDNY Foundation, is hosting the 2nd annual Medical Special Operations Conference (MSOC). This conference serves as an important venue for Military, Federal, State and Local medical operators and planners to share experiences. It will also provide an opportunity to learn from other stakeholders and obtain insights from experts in the field on how to improve the response framework within the medical special operations community.
The MSOC will take place over two days consisting of workshops, lectures, panel discussions, hands-on skills and a vendor’s showcase with some of the latest equipment and products. An optional one day pre-conference workshop is available that will include a hands-on bio-skills cadaver lab, Canine critical care workshop and a visit to the World Trade Center site.
Space is limited so please go to www.fdnymsoc.com and register now!
For more information please call 718-999-2675 or email Alexander.Lipsitt@fdny.nyc.gov.
May 16, 2014 - Pre-Conference
- Bio-skills Cadaver Lab
- Search Canine Care Workshop
- USAR Enhanced Operations in Contaminated Environments
- Water Boat Safety Course
- WTC Visit /Ceremony
- NYC Fire Museum: Light Fare
May 17-18, 2014 - Conference
- USAR: Past, Present & Future
- Technology And Gadgets: What’s New? What Works?
- Bariatric Patient Care Strategies
- Field Limb Assessment & Amputation
- Crush Injuries/Syndrome
- Difficult Airway Management In The Austere Environment
- Search Canine Veterinary Care
- DMAT: Transition Of Care
- Pediatric Pearls
- Collapse: Injury Patterns
- Medical Specialist Integration: Managing Medical Team Resources During Deployment
- Do You Know Your Cache Drugs?
- Tactical Medicine: What You Need To Know
- Urgent Care Problems During A Deployment: How To Keep Your Team Going
- Open Panel Discussion
Hands-on Skill Stations:
- Confine Space/Collapse
- Patient Packaging/Maneuvers
- Medical Scenarios