The Firefighters Support Foundation’s (FSF) newest training program, Chemical Suicides, is now available free by download. This program is available in two formats: a 36 slide PowerPoint program that’s dense with information, and a 23-minute video program in which August Vernon presents the PowerPoint material. Firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, and search and rescue personnel can view the video material with the PowerPoint file acting as their hard copy notes, or they can use either resource independently. Trainers can use the material as a turnkey solution; they can distribute the PowerPoint handouts, play the video, and then pause it periodically for discussion.
- It explains the process of chemical suicide by mixing cheap and easily available chemicals in an enclosed space
- It describes why this is a growing threat and an ever-more popular way of committing suicide
- It defines the reasons that first responders may be exposed to the lethal gases produced by the process
- It educates the audience about the warning signs that they may be approaching a chemical suicide
- It suggests response tactics and guidelines.
The entire program is at the practical level for front-line responders. CLICK HERE to download the PowerPoint and video, or view the video in the player above. Download a brochure for the program HERE.
Send comments and feedback about these training programs to email@example.com. Please note that some Windows users may experience problems when downloading compressed files. If you have trouble downloading any of the programs, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Firefighters Support Foundation
The Firefighters Support Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization dedicated to assisting firefighters, emergency management, EMS, and Search & Rescue personnel perform their jobs effectively and safely. We also set aside a portion of our funds to aid underfunded agencies and assist families of fallen firefighters.