CHELMSFORD, Mass.—Ten years ago, ZOLL Medical Corporation launched the AED Plus®, the first automated external defibrillator to provide Real CPR Help®, real-time feedback on the depth and rate of chest compressions during cardiopulmonary resuscitation, setting a new standard for high-quality CPR to resuscitate victims of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
ZOLL, a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, will display the latest version of its AED Plus along with the company’s fully-integrated portfolio of resuscitation devices and data management solutions in Booth #201 at ECCU 2012 (Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update), September 12–14, 2012, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando. In commemoration of the 10th anniversary of Real CPR Help, an AED Plus will be given away daily to the winner of the CPR Challenge for donation to an organization of the victor’s choice.
In February 2012, two College of the Ozarks students used an AED Plus to save the life of fellow student Walter Watts, who was then fitted with a ZOLL LifeVest® Wearable Defibrillator before receiving an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). Watts will speak at various ECCU sessions.
ZOLL Defibrillators—Real CPR Help
As a result of the company’s enduring commitment to high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), virtually all ZOLL defibrillators—BLS and ALS—feature auditory and visual Real CPR Help, which provides constant real-time depth and rate feedback during delivery of CPR.
These include the R Series® family of defibrillators for hospitals, the X Series™ defibrillator for EMS and critical care transport, and the AED Pro®, all of which also offer See-Thru CPR®, a breakthrough technology that filters out CPR artifact from the ECG to minimize the duration of CPR interruptions and will be on display in ZOLL’s ECCU booth. The compact X Series, based on a platform developed for military and air medical operations, rises to a new standard in ruggedness and durability at a low weight of only 12 pounds, with no compromise in display size, capability, or performance.
Additional products that support resuscitation will be displayed
- With its load-distributing LifeBand® squeezing the entire chest, the AutoPulse® Non-Invasive Cardiac Support Pump supplements manual compressions with high-quality, uninterrupted CPR chest compressions. SCA victims receive more consistent, high-quality compressions while rescuers are freed to attend to other critical tasks safely during transport.
- The rugged and lightweight Propaq® M is specifically designed for the rigors of military and air medical operations. This compact, comprehensive monitor has been enhanced with 12-lead capabilities, three invasive pressures, and EtCO2 (capnography) to meet all critical care monitoring needs.
- The Propaq® MD is an ultra-lightweight compact device for the military with highly sophisticated, advanced capabilities including defibrillation and pacing.
- The Power Infuser® Fluid Resuscitation Pump allows unprecedented control of fluid administration.
- PocketCPR® assists in the performance of AHA/ILCOR Guidelines-recommended CPR on victims 8 years of age or older, prompting the user with audible and visual feedback. Real CPR Help technology, as used in ZOLL AEDs, accurately measures the depth and rate of each chest compression.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care. For more information, visit www.zoll.com.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the chemicals and fibers, homes and construction materials, electronics, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, and nutritional products. With more than 25,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/asahi/en/.