• Deputy Director at Tennessee Department of Health-Office of EMS
• Paramedic at Saint Thomas Emergency Medical Services
• Board Chairman at Robertson County Emergency Communications District
• Deputy Director at Robertson County Emergency Management Agency
• Director at Robertson County EMS
• Fire Captain at Springfield Fire Department
Chairman of Tennesse Emergency Medical Services
Jackie Wilkerson, former EMS director who served the county for more than 23 years, died Wednesday, June 6, confirmed Austin & Bell Funeral Home. He was 59 years old.
Wilkerson, from Cedar Hill, worked for the Springfield Fire Department from 1978-93, and was Robertson County’s EMS director from 1988 until his resignation in January 2011. He went on to work in the EMS division of the Tennessee Department of Health. He also previously served as director of the 911 Board and County Fire Chief.
In 2009, Wilkerson was elected chairman of the State Emergency Medical Services Board for the entire state of Tennessee, an election he called at the time “an honor.”
Funeral services will be conducted on Saturday June 9, at 3 p.m. at United Methodist Church in Springfield. The family will receive friends at the Austin & Bell Funeral Home in Springfield on Friday, June 8 from 2-8 p.m., with a Masonic Service at 7 p.m., then again on Saturday from noon till the time of the service.
He is survived by his wife of 40 years, Jane Wilkerson, as well as two children and several grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children or the Western Star Lodge #9. All donations may be sent care of Austin & Bell Funeral Home.