ZOLL Medical Corporation (Nasdaq GS: ZOLL), a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, today announced that 27 scientific presentations related to ZOLL products and technology are scheduled to be presented during the American Heart Association (AHA) 2011 Resuscitation Science Symposium (ReSS) and Scientific Sessions. In addition, ZOLL will display its fully-integrated portfolio of resuscitation technology and temperature management solutions that address each link in the Chain of Survival in Booth #1035 at AHA November 13-15 in Orlando.
Two key AHA presentations involve ZOLL’s AutoPulse® Non-invasive Cardiac Support Pump and the LifeVest® Wearable Defibrillator:
- Lars Wik, M.D., Ph.D., Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway, and Principal Investigator of the CIRC Trial, will present “Comparison of Survival to Hospital Discharge between Integrated AutoPulse-CPR and Manual-CPR during Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest of Presumed Cardiac Origin: The Circulation Improving Resuscitation Care (CIRC) Trial” on Sunday, Nov. 13 at 8:00 a.m. in Room W415, Valencia Ballroom.
- Edwin T. Zishiri, M.D., Cleveland Clinic, will present “Use of the Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillator and Survival After Coronary Artery Revascularization in Patients with Left Ventricular Dysfunction,” Monday, Nov. 14 at 3:45 p.m. in Room W204.
Additional presentations covering the AutoPulse and the LifeVest, as well as other ZOLL technology, including Real CPR Help®, See-Thru CPR®, and therapeutic temperature management products, are also scheduled. A listing and schedule of the presentations is available at www.zoll.com/aha-presentations. All presentations will be available from the AHA and ZOLL at the conclusion of the AHA Scientific Sessions program.
ZOLL’s resuscitation and critical care products on display in Booth #1035 support the 2010 AHA Guidelines with their increased emphasis on high-quality CPR and post-resuscitation care. Featured in the exhibit are:
- All ZOLL defibrillators, from ACLS to AEDs, which feature Real CPR Help audio and visual feedback for the correct depth and rate, and tracking of idle time.
- The R Series® Code-Ready® family of defibrillators for hospitals, the E Series® defibrillators for EMS, and the AED Pro®, which all offer See-Thru CPR, a breakthrough technology that filters out CPR artifact from the ECG to reduce durations of CPR interruptions.
- The AutoPulse, an automated, portable, chest compression device with an easy-to-use, load-distributing LifeBand® that squeezes the entire chest, improving blood flow to the heart and brain during resuscitation. The AutoPulse delivers high-quality, uninterrupted chest compressions to maintain myocardial and cerebral perfusion even when moving patients, traveling in an ambulance, or during a PCI procedure.
- The LifeVest, for early intervention, worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established. The LifeVest allows a patient’s physician time to assess his/her long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans.
- Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM™), which offers health care providers the power and control they need to rapidly, safely, and effectively manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients.
- RescueNet® 12-Lead, an advanced and versatile system that allows health care providers to easily acquire and transmit ECG information from the field into the cath lab to assist clinicians in meeting standards for door-to-balloon times.
- CodeNet®, the first software system that allows hospital teams to better document, manage, and review cardiac arrest event and resuscitation information.
- PocketCPR® for the iPhone® and the Droid®, a training app to provide CPR training and practice using the AHA CPR Guidelines.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care.
A NASDAQ Global Select company and a Forbes 100 Most Trustworthy Company in 2007, 2008, and 2009, ZOLL was designated in 2011 as one of Forbes Top 100 Small Public Companies in America with annual revenues under $1 billion. ZOLL develops and manufactures its products in the United States, in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. More than 400 direct sales and service representatives, 1,100 business partners, and 200 independent representatives serve our customers in over 140 countries around the globe. For more information, visit www.zoll.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release, including statements regarding the anticipated development of the Company's business and other statements contained herein regarding matters that are not historical facts, are “forward-looking” statements (as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). Because such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, those factors discussed in the section entitled “Risk Factors” in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on December 17, 2010 and updated in the Company’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q filed subsequently to the Form 10-K, including the Form 10-Q Quarterly Report filed on August 8, 2011. You should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements in this press release, and the Company disavows any obligation to update or supplement those statements in the event of any changes in the facts, circumstances, or expectations that underlie those statements.
Copyright © 2011 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AED Pro, AutoPulse, CodeNet, E Series, IVTM, LifeBand, LifeVest, PocketCPR, Real CPR Help, R Series, RescueNet, See-Thru CPR, and ZOLL are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.