Latest EMS News
Lexington KY- In March of last year, New York City paramedic Deborah Reeve died of mesothelioma, an asbestos-related form of cancer. There is little doubt she was first exposed to asbestos on Sept. 11, 2001, when she responded to the scene at Ground Zero.
The Fire Department ambulance service is now the 1st responder for emergency calls on weekdays.
Deadly methane gas emanating from a dairy farm's manure pit killed five people a Mennonite farmer who climbed into the pit to unclog a pipe, and then in frantic rescue attempt that failed, his wife, two young daughters and a farmhand who tried to help.